Monday, July 13, 2009

The Birthdays

Well, I went to Minnesota in June, came home, rode in the MS150 Bike Tour, took a couple weeks to recover, and now I am catching up from way way behind.

Since the timing of the visit was occasioned by the birthdays of the Adorable Grandchildren, I thought it was time I got the precious pictures out to the world.This entry is about the marvelous cakes . The party pictures come on a different entry.

Guided by a book called "Birthday Cakes for Kids" (which, fortunately has explicit and easy to follow instructions), the She Birthday Child sent us out scurrying for supplies to build the cakes of her choosing. They were pretty magnificent.









Godmother Auntie P. and Mom
mie start Miss Mousie off on the construction of her Aquarium cake





















PERFECTO!



















The Artist and Mr. Boo's Logging Truck Cake. Solo has a keen interest in the proceedings.


















Blow those candles out, and all your wishes will come true!





















"I'll huff, and I'll Puff and I'll......."

POOF! I'm 7! Let's eat!













"A lovely, light, luscious, delectable cake"
Yep! Its PERFECT!



Aunt M. and Uncle B. agree that these are about the best cakes ever made!













1 comment: